Governor Brann Historical School House was Built in 1932
Cyr Plantation was organized on March 12th, 1870 and named after the numerous Cyr’s who lived in the area, including Andre Cyr and his father Christopher who were the first Cyr’s in the Plantation.
It’s a full township with an area of approximately 38 square miles. It is situated in the Northeastern part of Aroostook County. Early settlers moved to what would become Cyr Plantation then known as Township Letter L. Around that time, a road was built between the Aroostook River and Grand Falls, New Brunswick, Canada (which today stretches between Caribou, Maine and Hamlin, Maine). Many early in inhabitants obtained grants to lots near the road and Hammond Brook to farm the land.